Dr. G. KRISHNA SHANKAR
Consultant in Diabetes and Endocrinology
Qualifications : MBBS., MD(Gen Med)., DM(Endo & Diab)., MRCP., SP.CERT(Endo & Diab)
Experience : 13 Years
Availablility : MON- SAT (08:00 AM – 05.00PM)
Floor : First Floor – (Multi-Speciality)
Bay : 16 A
About The Doctor
Dr Krishna Shankar G obtained his MBBS from Coimbatore Medical College, followed by MD General Medicine from Madras Medical College. He finished his DM in Endocrinology from Nilratan Sircar Medical College, West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata. He secured the Membership of Royal College of Physicians of UK and also the Specialty Certificate in Endocrinology and Diabetes from Royal College.
Dr Krishna Shankar G has been trained in a comprehensive diabetes care unit during his DM Training,in a facility serving about 2000 patients of diabetes per week.He has good experience in managing thyroid problems including eye disorders and cancer in thyroid. He worked in a setup handling a large cohort in Pediatric endocrinology; disorders of growth, puberty and sexual differentiation..During his DM training,he was involved in teaching of Diabetes educators and M.Sc. [Dietetics & Nutrition] graduates. Before his Endocrinology training, he was a faculty in Christian Medical College, Vellore in the department of Medicine and Infectious Disease. His academic credentials include; “KALYANRAMAN GOLD MEDAL” for Medicine in MBBS final year by Indian Medical Association ; Second place in Thyroid Quiz held at National Thyroid conference ; four publications ; Coauthor of a textbook chapter ; Presentation in an International conference at Beijing , China.
- Dr Krishna Shankar G has good experience in handling patients with diabetes in young; diabetes in critical care and surgery; diabetes in pregnancy; multidisciplinary care of diabetic foot.
- He is interested in management of obesity and lipid disorders in both adults and children. His expertise also covers problems of infertility and hypogonadism in males; and females including PCOS; osteoporosis, parathyroid and metabolic bone disease; perioperative and conservative management of adrenal and pituitary disorders.
MD (Gen Med)
DM (Endo & Diab)
Sp.Cert (Endo & Diab)
13 years in Diabetes and Endocrinology Post MBBS
- As Senior Resident in Medicine, Infectious Diseases and Dermatology in Madras Medical College, Chennai
- As Assistant Professor in Medicine, Infectious Diseases in Christian Medical College, Vellore
- As Senior Resident in Endocrinology and Diabetes in West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- As Consultant in Endocrinology and Diabetes in Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore