Dr. G. MADHUSHANKAR
Qualifications : MBBS, MD, DM(Nephro), SCH(ASH)
Experience : 8 Years
Availablility : MON- SAT (08:00 AM – 04:00PM)
Floor : First Floor – (Multi-Speciality)
Bay : 15F
About The Doctor
Dr Madhu Shankar, native of Erode, joined MBBS at the Government Stanley Medical College, Chennai in 2000 and passed out meritoriously in 2006. He was a student at SMART group conceived by Gastroenterology department during his UG days. He did his post-graduation in Medicine between 2007 – 2010 at Govt Stanley Medical College when he was awarded 3 medals for proficiency in Nephrology, Gastroenterology and Medicine. He worked at SGPGI – Lucknow for 6 months and was selected for Nephrology at the prestigious All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi between 2011 to 2014. He underwent rigorous training in Nephrology, involved in research & teaching there.
He was exposed to Western health care system in Toronto as a Clinical Fellow in Nephrology between 2015-16. In Sri Ramakrishna Hospital since 2016, he has special interest in Renal transplantation, Hypertension including secondary & resistant hypertension, Renal disorders in Pregnancy, Acid Base & Electrolyte disorders, Acute renal diseases.
Also an athelete, long distance runner, he has the distinction of the only Doctor in Tamilnadu having run on all Seven continents in the world including Antartica. He has set his goal in completeing all 6 Major marathons in the near future.
He is known for his calm demeanour, politeness and positive attitude. He stands by the Latin phrase “Primum non nocre”.
Honors & Awards
- Awarded First prize in the Prof. M. A. Muthusethupathi Prize Examination for Proficiency in Nephrology held in Aug 2008 conducted by Department of Nephrology, Madras Medical College and Govt. General Hospital, Chennai.
- Awarded Dr. N. Madanagopalan Gold Medal for Proficiency in Gastroenterology in 2009 conducted by Department of Gastroenterology, Stanley Medical College, Chennai.
- Awarded Prof. M. Viswanathan Gold Medal Award for the Best Postgraduate Student selected by board of examiners on 20th Dec 2009 during All India Intensive Postgraduate Training program in Internal Medicine conducted by the Association of Physicians of India, Chennai chapter.
- Hypertension including secondary & resistant hypertension
- Clinical Nephrology
- Electrolyte & Acid – Base / Volume Disorders
- Acute Kidney Injury
- HD + Peritoneal Dialysis (Acute, Chronic)
- Renal Transplantation
- Renal disorders in Pregnancy
- Acute Glomerulonepharitis
- Acute renal diseases
Govt.Stanley Medical College – Chennai
Government Stanley Medical College, Chennai
8 Years of Experience
- SR (Nephro) SGPGI – Lucknow
- SR(Nephro) AIIMS – New Delhi
- Consultant Nephrologist, NU Hospitals – Bangalore
- Clinical fellow Toronto – Canada