Dr. THIAGARAJA MURTHY
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Qualifications : MS.,FRCS.,
Experience : 20+ Years
Availablility : MON- SAT (08:00 AM – 4.00PM)
Floor : Second Floor – Old Block
Bay : CVOP
About The Doctor
Dr. Thiagaraja Murthy graduated from Coimbatore Medical College, University of Pune & University of Glasgow – UK. Has more than 2 Decades of Experience in Cardiothoracic Surgery. Currently position as Chief CT surgeon post in Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore, India.
Performed over 5000 adult cardiac surgeries.
1.Minimally invasive cardiac surgery (MICS)- Valve replacement, congenital, Bypass surgeries
2.Beating heart surgery, Total arterial revascularization- one of the few surgeons in the city performing Total arterial revascularization with LIMA-RIMA Y graft
4.Lung cancer surgery and VATS
5.MICS- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
Conducted Audits in the NHS (National Health Service, UK) while working in the major university hospitals in cardiothoracic surgery.
Over 10 International Publications in Major Cardiothoracic Journals.
- Codispoti M, Sundaramoorthi T, Saad RA, Reid A, Sinclair C, Mankad P.
Optimal myocardial protection strategy for coronary artery bypass grafting without cardioplegia: prospective randomised trial. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2006 Jun5(3):217-21. Epub 2006 Jan 12 | PMID: 17670550 [PubMed]
- Vaidyanathan RK, Byalal JR, Sundaramoorthi T, Sankar NM, Thomas JM, Meenakshi NA, Cherian KM.
Rapidly progressive coronary ostial stenosis after aortic valve replacement in relapsing polychondritis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006 Jun;131(6):1395-6. No abstract available | PMID: 16733177 [PubMed]
Coimbatore Medical College, India
MS – General Surgery
University of Pune, India.
FRCS – ( General Surgery)
University of Glasgow – UK
FRCS – (Cardiothoracic Surgery)
University of Glasgow – UK
Experience – 20 + years
- SHO Cardiothoracic Surgery, Bristol Royal Infirmary,UK 1998-99
- Registrar, Paediatric Cardiac Surgery, Edinburgh, UK.1999-2000
- Specialist Registrar, Thoracic Surgery, Norwich, UK. 2000
- Specialist Registrar, Thoracic Surgery, Birmingham Heartlands Hospital, UK 2000.
- Specialist Registrar in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK 2001.
- Specialist Registrar in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Walsgrave Hospital, Coventry, UK, 2002.
- Specialist Registrar in Cardiothoracic Surgery, North Staffordshire Hospital, Stoke-on-Trent.UK 2003-2004
- Senior Registrar in Aortic Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospital Birmingham, UK 2005
- Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Frontier Lifeline, International Centre for Cardiothoracic Surgery.2005/06
- Chief Cardiothoracic Surgeon at Billroth hospital, Chennai. From 2006 to 2016
- Vaidyanathan KR, Sundaramoorthi T, Byalal JR, Krishnan GS, Sankar MN, Cherian SM, Cherian KM.
Lower extremity compartment syndrome after off-pump aortocoronary bypass. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2006 May;131(5):1173-4. No abstract available. | PMID: 16678609 [PubMed]
- Sundaramoorthi T, Hashim S, Dillon P, Ramachandra R, Collins FJ, Rosin MD.
An unusual cause of breathlessness after lobectomy for lung cancer. Ann Thorac Surg. 2004 Jul;78(1):e13-4. | PMID: 15223490 [PubMed]
- Ascione R, Williams S, Lloyd CT, Sundaramoorthi T, Pitsis AA, Angelini GD.
Reduced postoperative blood loss and transfusion requirement after beating-heart coronary operations: a prospective randomized study. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001 Apr;121(4):689-96 | PMID: 11279409 [PubMed]
- Sundaramoorthi T, Behranwala AA, Codispoti M, Mankad PS.
Asymptomatic congenital oesophageal cyst infiltrating the lung: an unusual complication. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2000 Jul;18(1):117-9 | PMID: 10869950 [PubMed]
- Thiagarajamurthy S, Levine A, Dunning J.
Does prophylactic tranexamic acid safely reduce bleeding without increasingthrombotic complications in patients undergoing cardiac surgery?Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2004 Sep;3(3):489-94.PMID: 17670294 [PubMed]