We all know that families, especially parents, have a lasting influence on children’s choices regarding their health and even life!
Children today live in a world where unhealthy junk food is easily available, and a sedentary lifestyle is highly encouraged. To prevent them from gaining excessive weight, parents need to take the front seat and steer them towards making healthier choices to live a healthy life!
Here are 5 tips through which parents can foster a healthy relationship between food and their young ones are:
- Be a role model. By following healthy eating habits and an active lifestyle, parents can set an example for their children, which they are likely to follow.
- Encourage children to eat fruits or nuts when hungry instead of high-calorie snacks like chips or biscuits.
- Refrain from using food as a reward or withholding food as a punishment to model good behaviour in children
- Encourage your child to drink plenty of water rather than soda or caffeinated beverages.
- Instead of focusing on your child’s weight, gradually work on changing the entire family’s eating habits and upping their activity levels.
Following these Dietary guidelines can help promote health and reduce the risk for chronic diseases.