Dr. V. SHOBI ANANDI
Consultant Pediatrician and Pediatric Endocrinologist
Qualifications : MD, DNB, Fellowship in Paediatric Endocrinology
Experience : 10 Years
Availability : MON- SAT (08:00 AM – 05.00PM)
Floor : First Floor – (Multi -Speciality)
Bay : 17B
About The Doctor
Dr. V. Shobi Anandi completed her MBBS from BJ Medical College, Pune and secured her MD in paediatrics from the prestigious Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai, Subsequently, she went on to do her advanced training in pediatric and adolescent Endocrinology from Manipal University, Bangalore.
Dr. V. Shobi Anandi carries with her the experience and hands on training acquired during her tenure in various reputed Institutes. During her advanced training in pediatric & Adolescent Endocrinology, she has diagnosed and managed several children with diabetes and other endocrine disorders. She has completed the certificate course in the Management of Thyroid Disorders (CCMTD) by Public Health Foundation of India and the intensive pediatric endocrine foundation of India and the Intensive Pediatric Endocrine Training (PET) workshop by ISPAE.
She has a brilliant Academic record and has been a gold medalist in her medical education days. She has presented posters in national and international conferences and has research publications to her credit in medical journals of repute. Prior to her association with Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, she had stints at Nair Hospital, Mumbai and Manipal Hospital, Bangalore. She has also worked as Assistant Professor in Pediatrics at BJ Govt.Medical college, Pune. She aims to establish Pediatric Endocrinology as an important and popular speciality of paediatrics early accessible to the masses.
General Pediatrics – Care of infants, children and adolescents
Pediatric Endocrinology – Hormonal problems in children:
- Diabetes Mellitus – Type 1 and Type 2
Short stature and growth disorders
- Thyroid disorders and goiter
- Puberty problems – precocious/early puberty, delayed puberty, menstrual irregularities,PCOS.
- Calcium, vitamin D and bone disorders
Disorders of sex differentiation/ intersex disorders.
- Adrenal gland disorders – CAH, Addison disease, Cushing syndrome
- Endocrine disorders in patients of Thalassemia, post cancer chemo- radiotherapy, post bone marrow transplant and neurosurgery
- Syndromes – Turner, Klinefelter, Prader Willi
BJ Medical College, Pune
Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital – Mumbai
Manipal University, Bangalore.
Fellowship in Paediatric Endocrinology
10 Years of Experience
- Has worked in various reputed institutes including Nair Hospital, Mumbai and Manipal Hospital, Bangalore.
- She has also worked as Assistant Professor in paediatrics at BJ Govt.Medical College, Pune.