Here at Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, we provide the very best care for children suffering from a host of conditions. We recognise the need for highly differentiated and specialised care in order for our little humans to thrive and we take great pride in providing the best of it. While our technology is indeed state-of-the-art, the warm personal touch of our highly experienced physicians makes a major difference. From gastro-intestinal surgery to oncological procedures, we offer a host of treatments to afflicted children. Do schedule an appointment with one of our consultants if you’re concerned about your child’s wellbeing.
Also known as 'status asthmaticus', acute severe asthma is an attack which does not respond to the use of typical inhaled bronchodilators. It is a potentially fatal condition which requires immediate medical attention.
There are a host of symptoms which include:
- Repeated shortness of breath
- breathlessness even while lying down
- A 'closed' or constricted chest
- Inability to speak entire sentences
- An inability to concentrate
- Lips which have a bluish tint
- Abdominal muscles and neck muscles which are strained