Dr. M. BANUMATHY
Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist. HOD (Academic)
Qualifications : MBBS, DGO, DNB, FICOG
Experience : 36 Years
Availability : MON- SAT (08:00 AM – 04:00PM)
Floor : First Floor – (Multi -Speciality)
Bay : 19C
About The Doctor
Position held at Present:
- HOD.,& DNB Co-ordinator, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology., Sri Ramakrishna Hospital Coimbatore.
- Dr. M. Banumathy has completed her MBBS and Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynecology from University of Madras, Chennai. She obtained Diplomate of National Board in the speciality of obstetrics and Gynaecology, from The National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, conferred fellowship from Indian College of obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mumbai. Strong believer of team work.
- Member, Federation of obstetrics and Gynaecology society of India, Coimbatore Chapter.
- Member, Association of Gynaec oncologists of India. Member, Coimbatore ultrasound society.
- Member, Uro gynaecologist society of India.
- Member, International gynaecologic cancer society.
- Member, Indian Medical association, Coimbatore branch.
- Member, Association of medical women of India, Mumbai.
Special position held:
- Treasurer Coimbatore obstetrics and Gynaecology society 1993-1994
- Joint secretary Indian Medical association, Coimbatore 2003.
- Secretary Coimbatore obstetrics and Gynaecology society 2004-2006
- President Coimbatore obstetrics and gynaecology society 2011
- Well experienced in handling high risk obstetrics and critical care and emergencies in obstetrics.
- Delivering 3 generations in the same family adds credits to her obstetric career.
- Evaluation of infertile couple and proper directional approach are her way of management.
- Can handle both conventional and endoscopic surgeries – Laproscopic,
- Hysteroscopic and radical surgeries for cancer.
- Tailor made approach for patients with Gynec problems like fibroid uterus, heavy menstrual bleeding, prolapse uterus etc, are her speciality and concerned in organ conservation.
- Regularly practicing cancer screening and awareness programs.
- Involved in public forums focusing on reproductive health for adolescent and adults.
Areas of Special Interests:
- High Risk Obstetrics
- Gynaec Cancer
- Community Reproductive Health.
- Electronic fetal heart monitoring
- Ultrasonography, Colposcopy
- Advanced laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy – 2009.
- Certificate course on “Palliative care “ at Bangalore, organized by IAPC.
University of Madras, Chennai.
University of Madras, Chennai.
National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
Indian College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Mumbai.
36 Years of Experience
- DNB – Post Graduate teacher for past 30 years.
- Served at G.Kuppuswamy Naidu Memorial Hospital, Coimbatore for 25 years as Consultant and HOD.
- Examiner for practical examination for fellowship in Ultrasonography – Obstetrics and Gynaecology for Tamil Nadu, MGR Medical University.
- Good exposure to handle critical care in obstetrics and high risk obstetrics.
- Guided many thesis work for project work.
- Invited faculty in local as well as national scientific forum. Contributed articles in various journals.
- Adwani Brahanza Oration – by association of Medical women of India – Mumbai.
- “The beginning of end of cervical cancer” by Association of Medical women of India Sep 2007.
- International gynaecological cancer society (GCS) Travel Grant Recipient for the year 2010.
- Awarded – FELLOWSHIP of ICOG (F.I.C.O.G) at 60th all India congress (AICOG),2017 Course Co-ordinator and facilitator of certified course on “GESTATIONAL DIABETES MELLITUS”, Organised by PUBLIC HEALTH FOUNDATION OF INDIA (PHF), India 2013, 2014, and 2015.