Dr. SARVESWARAN. V
Consultant Surgeon & HOD
Qualifications : MBBS, MS (Gen Surgery), FAIS
Experience : 32 Years
Availability : MON- SAT (08:00 AM – 04.00PM)
Floor : Ground Floor – (Multi-Speciality)
Bay : 9
About The Doctor
Dr. V.Sarveswaran has completed his MBBS from University of Madras, followed by Master of Surgery (General Surgery), from Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore. He then became a Fellow of the Association of Indian Surgeons (FAIS). He is a life member of Indian Medical Association( IMA ), Association of Surgeons of India (ASI), Indian Association of Gastro intestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (IAGES). Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI), and Indian Hernia Society (IHS).
Training / Academic experience
Following his post-graduation, Dr. V. Sarveswaran joined the Department of General Surgery at Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore in the year 1987. He then got trained in upper and lower gastro intestinal diagnostic endoscopy. Later he got trained in laparoscopic surgery from various renowned institutions in India. He further enhanced his skills by attending several international and national workshops in various disciplines of general and laparoscopic surgery. He is also a trainer for Ethicon skill development programmes. He is currently Professor of General Surgery and thesis guide for the general surgery post graduates undergoing Diplomate in National Board course in General Surgery at Sri Ramakrishna Hospital. He has several publications to his credit in indexed international and national journals. He is a peer reviewer for several international journals.
- Presented papers in various ASI meetings, Clinical club meetings, Gut club meetings and ASICON national and state conferences.
- Reviewer of articles in various indexed clinical journals.
- Co author of an article in the American Journal of Ultrasound, 2004
- Co author of an article in Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice, 2013
- Co author of an article in Journal of Clinical Cardiology, 2013
- Author of an article in Clinical Case Reports, Wiley Publication 2014.
- Author of an article in The Southeast Asian Journal of Case Report and Review ( SEAJCR ) 2014.
- Author of an article in Indian Journal of Basic & Applied Medical Research ( IJBAMR ) 2014.
- Author of an article in Journal of Clinical and Medical Case Reports, 2015
- Author of an article in MOJCR, 2016
- All breast cancer surgery including axillary dissection
Surgeries related to parotid gland, sub mandibular gland, thyroid and parathyroid gland.
- Abdominal and Pelvic Cancer Surgery including Stomach, gall bladder, spleen, small intestine, colon, rectum and anal canal.
- Extremity Cancer surgeries for Squamous cell cancer, malignant melanoma, soft tissue sarcoma.
- Surgeries of Oral cavity, salivary glands, thyroid, lymph node, parathyroid, soft tissue lesions, chest wall lesions, all benign breast lesions and axillary lesions.
- Abdominal and Pelvic (Open/laparoscopic) surgeries ofstomach, pancreas, gall bladder, spleen, small intestine, appendix, colon, rectum anal canal,operations for GERD, abdominal wall hernias, inguinal hernias, varicocele, testicular problems, hydrocele, haemorrhoids and perianal lesions.
Peripheral surgeries :
- Surgery for varicose veins, diabetic foot, cellulitis, abscess, ulcers, necrotizing fasciitis, amputation for extremity gangrene.
- Operations for soft tissue lesions such as lipoma, sebaceous cyst, skin grafting and burns.
- All emergency surgeries including trauma to neck, chest, abdomen.
Routine paediatric andsimple plastic surgeries.
32 Years of Experience
- Assistant Surgeon, Department of General Surgery, Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore 641 044.
- Consultant Surgeon & Head of Department of General Surgery, Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore 641 044.
- Former Treasurer of the Coimbatore city chapter of ASI,
- Executive Committee member of ASICON 2009 conference,
- Former Vice President of Coimbatore city chapter of ASI,
- Current Treasurer of the Coimbatore city chapter of ASI.
- Memberships – Life member of
- Indian Medical Association ( IMA )
- Association of Surgeons of India ( ASI )
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endosurgeons ( IAGES )
- Association of Minimal Access Surgeons Of India ( AMASI )
- Indian Hernia Society ( IHS )
Academic posts held
- Former Professor of General Surgery, training BDS & MDS students of Sri Ramakrishna Dental College & Hospital.
- Professor & Head of the Department of General Surgery, guide for DNB students in General Surgery at Sri Ramakrishna Hospital.
- Examiner in General Surgery for BDS students of Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai .
- Assessor in General Surgery – FAT exams conducted by National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
University of Madras, Chennai.
MS (Gen Surgery)
Bharathiar university, Coimbatore.
The Association of Surgeons of India, Chennai
- Conferred the Vocational Excellence Award for the year 2006 by the Rotary Club of Coimbatore South.
- Conferred the Best Doctor Award by The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical university, Chennai on 22-11-2012.