Sri Ramakrishna Hospital, Coimbatore is in the process of starting a liver transplantation service. A memorandum of understanding (MOU) has been signed with Gleneagles Global Hospital group, Chennai for the same. The liver transplant team of Gleneagles Global hospital, headed by world-renowned liver transplant surgeon, “Prof. Mohamed Rela” will provide full technical and manpower assistance to set up a liver intensive care unit (LICU) and perform deceased donor liver transplantation (DDLT). Prof. Rela’s team will participate in a selection of recipient and donors for liver transplantation, in the successful performance of liver transplant operation and postoperative care.
Sri Ramakrishna Hospital has appointed an in-hospital team who can successfully perform liver transplantation and offer world-class outcomes. The team consists of the following members
Treatments & Procedures
- Hepatocellular carcinoma.
- Hilar cholangiocarcinoma.
- Metastatic liver malignancies.
- Biliary cystadenoma and other cystic liver lesions.
- Giant, symptomatic haemangiomas.
- Whipple’s Pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic head and periampullary cancers.
- Whipple’s Pancreaticoduodenectomy with portal vein or superior mesenteric vein resection.
- Central or median pancreatectomy.
- Total Pancreatectomy.
- Spleen preserving distal pancreatectomy.
- Distal pancreatectomy with splenectomy.
- Frey’s operation (Pancreatic head coring) for chronic pancreatitis.
- Necrosectomy for severe acute pancreatitis.
- Early/immediate biliary reconstruction for post cholecystectomy bile duct injury.
- Hepaticojejunostomy for post cholecystectomy bile duct strictures.
- Re-do hepaticojejunostomy for strictured hepaticojejunostomy.
- Choledochal cyst resection.
- Proximal splenorenal shunt for extrahepatic portal vein obstruction and Non cirrhotic portal fibrosis.
- Mesocaval shunt.
- Highly experienced, hepatology/gastroenterology support
- Experienced surgical team
- Experienced anaesthetic team
- Well equipped operation theatre
- Highly experienced interventional radiologist
- 24 hours staffed, ventilator equipped ICU
MON- SAT | 08:00 AM – 5:00PM
MON- SAT | 08:00 AM – 4.00PM